Are you Crafty and want to enter into an art contest? The Portland District Library has just the event for you!
Here are some submissions from our past Portland Creates events:
There are some rules everyone must follow, these include the following:
· The Portland District Library is not responsible for any work of art that may become lost or damaged.
· Art must be in good taste and cannot contain excessive violence, drugs, or alcohol.
· Original work in any medium is eligible, including photography and sculpture.
· Each art entry will be restricted to 20” x 20” and should not be framed.
· 3D art must have a base no larger than 2 feet in any direction.
· Entries will be limited to 2 per artist.
· An entry form must be filled out for each piece of art entered.
· Art pieces must be the original work of the artist submitting the piece. Photocopied or reproduced art will not be accepted.
· Submitted work may not be traced from another piece of art.
· Art entries will be divided into four age levels: Littles (ages 6-9), Middles (ages 10-12), Teens (ages 13-18), and Adults (ages 19+).
· Prizes will be awarded to 3 entries in each age level. One winner and a runner up will be chosen by a group of judges. A People’s Choice winner will be selected based on votes submitted by the public during a one-month period.
· All submitted artwork may be photographed and reproduced for promotional purposes.
· Winning works of art will be held for display at the Portland District Library for the reception in June, 2021.
More Important dates to remember:
April 2nd - Submission period begins, submit art to the Portland District Library.
April 23rd - Submission period ends.
May 3rd - Art will go on display and voting will begin.
May 28th - Voting period ends.
June 5th - Reception will be held at the Portland District library for all participants and their families. Invitations with more information will be mailed out in May.
Stop by The Portland District Library to pick up a promo bag and entry form, submissions start Friday April 2nd!
If you have any questions feel free to contact us at either of these emails:
Jada Spitzley - firstname.lastname@example.org