Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Remembering

During this month, although Labor Day is always a big date on the calendar, it is far easier to think about than September 11th. Thinking back to that time when those events were unfolding, I still get the same creeping dread and fear that I remember as a child. To combat the dark thoughts and feelings, I have been doing more research about that event, and particularly about the heroic efforts of the passengers aboard Flight 93.

If you are interested in tackling this difficult topic, try these books:





I cannot help but think about the terrible things that occurred that day, but I would like to think by remembering the glimmers of good in it that I am honoring the best of humanity. I'd like to think, in some small way, by changing my mindset on the matter that I am propelling good. As we remember back to this date, let us also remember the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment