Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

For the love of Disney Music

For the love of Disney Music!



Disney Music has touched my life as far back as I can remember.  Starting with Winnie the Pooh himself.  As a little girl I received the nickname Pooh. Apparently everyone believed Wendy was close enough to Winnie for it to work.  So Winnie the Pooh's theme song became my own.  The same as most of you I grew up watching Disney movies, so of course, in turn, the songs were weaved deeply through out my life.

 If it wasn't my mom and I singing "It's not easy" from Pete's Dragon while cooking dinner it was my boys and I singing "Everybody wants to be a cat" from the Aristocats, dancing around the house.
Disney music has touched and inspired every aspect of my life.  Disney has made some of the greatest soundtracks ever known, making magic in all of our lives. So I thought I would share with you some of the songs I love and some I don't think any of us will soon forget.

Let's start at the beginning or at least close too.  Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was the first full length animated film ever made.  People thought Walt Disney was crazy.  They said no one will ever sit through a cartoon that's over a hour long.  Well they couldn't have been more wrong.  Snow White was the first of many amazing animated films all filled with amazing and memorable music.  Whom among us hasn't jokingly sung the "Heigh Ho" song on our way to work?

Not long to follow, was a song that Disney is known for...  "When you wish upon a star" from 1940's Pinocchio, is a moving song which soon became their trademark.



Now we will jump way ahead to 1994, since there is no way I can cover all Disney's magical music in this blog, to The Lion King which was the 8th highest grossing animated film of all time! (see people love watching over hour long cartoons, Walt was right) Coming in at $968,483,777 according to Wikipedia and who will ever forget that amazing opening scene!


And of course topping the chart in 2013 Frozen exploded the animated world bringing in more than $1,290,000,000 and a lot of that was due, to the amazing soundtrack!  None of us will soon forget "Let it Go"!


I could go on forever about all the great music Disney has created, I know I've only touched the tip of the iceberg, so to speak ;) but if this blog has got you itching to hear some great Disney music, come into the library and check some out.    

Disney music will forever be in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment