Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Halloween

Halloween
Fall has to be my favorite time of year. The wonderful crisp air, sweater weather, warm drinks, and Halloween.  I love Halloween next to Christmas it is my favorite holiday.  I guess the build up to the holiday has always been my favorite part.  First there is the decorating, I have an excuse to craft, make everything festive, and fill my house with scented candles.  My mom and I used to put on a Halloween movie and cover the house in jack-o-lanterns, ghost, goblins, and more.  I still carry on this tradition with my own kids though sometimes we listen to Halloween music instead.  Nightmare before Christmas is one of my favorite soundtracks. Second there all of the fun Halloween treats you get to make and enjoy.
Then last but not least there are the Halloween movies I love so many of them and yes I guess I'm a little old for some of them but I don't really care they remind me of all the great times I had with my mom and now my kids.   Here are a few of my favorites, of course I watch The Nightmare Before Christmas, but I also love:
 
A good ghost story this time of year
    
Monster House, I don't know what exactly to say about it except if you haven't watched it, you should, ParaNorman too.  Then throw in Coraline because it rocks.
                                                   
Double Double Toil in Trouble for all of us who grew up on Full House.

               
Disney's Halloweentown  movies and other Disney original movies, which yes I know are totally cheesy but they are suppose to be, which makes it perfectly okay.
   
and of course no Halloween is complete without the Great Pumpkin, Winnie the Pooh, and Garfield

 

No comments:

Post a Comment