Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Perfect Pairings

Sometimes there are two things that you love, and you can't help but dream that they will someday come together to make something wonderful.  "Hey!  I like bacon and I like fudge . . . what if there were fudge with pieces of bacon in it!"  Or perhaps you think "I love the library and I love watching movies . . . what if they library showed movies!"  (By the way, we do show movies at the library--check out our calendar for details.  
Well, I'm beyond excited because two of my favorite teen fantasy writers--Jackson Pearce and Maggie Stiefvater--are collaborating on a new book, Pip Bartlett's Guide to Magical Creatures.  Stiefvater has many wonderful books . . . the Wolves of Mercy Falls series, The Raven Cycle, and even one of the Spirit Animals books that I wrote about in a previous post.  She creates characters that you can't help but care about, and her plot twists boggle my mind.  Pearce wrote a gorgeous book called Sisters Red, which is a fairy tale retelling.  This book was all I could think about or talk about for weeks after reading it.  Pip Bartlett's Guide to Magical Creatures comes out at the end of April . . . look for it at the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment