Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2015

Gather Around the Chuck Wagon

I only watch a few reality television shows with any regularity, and most of them revolve around cooking.  Top Chef? Yes, please!  Chopped?  As often as I can!  Iron Chef?  Don't mind if I do!  I know way too much about celebrity chefs, their restaurants, and even what foods they do and do not like to cook.  If you thought my bluegrass obsession was bad, it's nothing compared to my chef mania!

However, you can't even begin to imagine my excitement when I realized that two-time Chopped contestant Kent Rollins was coming out with a cookbook called A Taste of Cowboy: Ranch Recipes and Tales from the Trail.  If you've never seen Mr. Rollins then you are missing out!  First featured as a contestant on the Chopped grilling special, he is an actual cowboy, who owns an actual chuck wagon, and cooks for other cowboys.  His food looked delicious, and he just seemed like the nicest dude that you ever could meet.  He was just a rugged, polite, amusing cowboy who tried his darnedest to make his dishes look pretty for the judges.  The book doesn't come out until April 7, but a copy is already on order for the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment