Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Book Review: The Rosie Project

As a librarian, I read a lot!  And as a youth librarian I read a lot of teen angst, picture books or fun adventure books for kids. However, I rarely read an adult book unless it is for a book club and then it is usually a book that requires a lot of emotional drama and lots of deep discussion. So it was a real treat for me to pick up this months book club book: The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion.
Synopsis:
Don, a socially inept geneticist decides that he wants a wife. However, because of his many disastrous first dates (he has never had a second) he decides to find a wife the most efficient way he can, by having possible candidates fill out a questionnaire. Of course no one can live up to his standards and he decides he is destined to be alone.  Then in walks Rosie, not a suitable candidate at all. She does have a problem though, she wants to find her biological father and that is something Don can help her do.Thus Don and Rosie embark on many hilarious adventures and Don realizes that life and love are not something you can define.

This book just tickled my funny bone and I found myself laughing out loud in many places. I can't wait to read the sequel The Rosie Effect  
*Disclaimer the book club mentioned is not affiliated with the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment