Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Rory Gilmore Challenge Alice and Tom



Hi everyone, well I am still reading Alice in Wonderland I haven't gotten very far yet, but so far it looks like Disney stuck to the book pretty well.  I am really enjoying it.  The only problem is every time I read it, I catch myself talking like Alice for awhile afterwards.  I was trying to remember when Alice in Wonderland was mentioned in Gilmore Girls and found that it was the title of one of the episodes Emily in Wonderland (i had a duh moment) apparently there is also fan fiction written on the topic that might be fun to read. Well I will continue on my journey down the rabbit hole, hope to see you there.


I am also listening to the  Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.  I think I must have heard this story as a child because it sounds insanely familiar but I suppose it could be just exposure to the tale through the years.  Kind of like, you feel like you have seen Disney's Bambi a million times (at least if you grew up when I did) when truth be told  I have probably seen it less than five times it is just that they would show little pieces of the movie on TV all the time.  I am enjoying Huckleberry Finn, at least I am now that I have stopped cringing every time they use the N word, but otherwise I really enjoy the dialect being from the south it reminds me of home.  As I listen I do not think I would want either one of my sons to act as Huck does in the book, at least so far.  He is always up to some kind of mischief.  But it is fun listening to the story, Tom Parker who reads the story does a great job.  Just in case you are wondering where they mention Adventures of Huckleberry Finn in Gilmore Girls it is Rory's last assignment at Stars Hollow High.
Just keep reading!
Just keep reading!
Just keep reading!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read Bambi? I have not but I have heard it is a very good book! Also, Alice in Wonderland is a a great book! One of my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope I haven't read Bambi yet, but it's on the list and since it is something I can listen to around the kids I will prob do it on audio book soon. I am loving Alice, I just don't seem to have the time I thought I would but I am still going to make through this list. :)

    ReplyDelete