Search This Blog

Monday, August 5, 2013

Daniel Radcliff has Horns?

Several months ago Cory posted a recommendation for the book Horns by Joe Hill. Based on her recommendation and the fact that I am a huge Stephen King fan (Joe Hill is his son) I decided to check out a couple of Hill's books. It was amazing to discover that the apple did not fall far from the tree. Hill has definitely inherited his father's literary prowess and proclivity for the macabre. Horns is an intriguing story of tender love, revenge, salvation, and damnation. For those readers that  are sometimes daunted by King's long-winded verbosity, Horns does not contain as much lengthy detail as say, The Stand.

I was surprised to discover almost a week after I finished Horns that they are making a movie adaptation. Now I am usually hesitant to even watch movie versions of books that I particularly enjoy, but this one caught my eye, because Daniel Radcliffe (aka Harry Potter) is playing the main role of Ig Perrish. Supposedly, Shai LaBeouf was signed out to play the role but then decided to quit, and Radcliff was hired to take his place. I actually think that Radcliff is better suited to the role of Ig Perrish and I am curious to see how the movie turns out.
Here is Daniel Radcliff all decked out in his horns.  You will have to read the book to find out what the horns do. Of course, everyone should read the book before watching the film (since the book is almost always better).

No comments:

Post a Comment