Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Where are you spring?

March is supposed to only come in like a lion, but the month is nearly over and there is nary a lamb in sight.



Obviously the lion ate the lamb, because I am still having to scrape my windshield every morning and my kids built a snowman yesterday.



It's hard to believe that Easter is less than two weeks away. I think that I am going to have to buy my daughter a cardigan to wear over the pink Easter dress my mother bought her.

The inclement weather makes me incredibly happy that we are having an indoor easter egg hunt at the library. I have slogged through mud and nearly been blown away by wind looking for easter eggs with my children. I draw the line at snow or rain, though.

We have had small Easter egg hunts for young kids during story time, but Cory (our director) gave me permission to hide eggs throughout the entire library this year. I think that it is going to be a blast. Young children (toddlers through first grade) will look for eggs on the lower level in the children's area and 2nd graders and above will get to hunt for eggs upstairs.

For only $10 I was able to order nearly 300 eggs from oriental trading and we are already filling them with stickers, tattoos, candy, and even McDonald's coupons. Several eggs will also contain a special "book coupon" that will entitle the child to a free book.

 Notice the grass? Next week it will be snow, slush, muck, and mud. 
I will be extremely grateful to be indoors. 

The Saturday before Easter Sunday (March 30th) I have teens coming at 9am to hide eggs and the big hunt will begin at 10am. I also plan to have some Easter crafts and games for kids.

I think that I go a wee bit overboard for holidays and special events, but I blame my parents for that. My mother decorates for every holiday, including St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day, 4th of July, etc. and buys her grandchildren gifts for each one.

Next Saturday I am looking forward to seeing the library full of children with Easter baskets and wearing bunny ears (yes, I have made headbands for kids to color and wear).  Kids can bring their own basket or we will have paper bags to decorate and fill with loot.
I had to include this picture. Eeyore has always been my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment