Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A Bounty of Vegetables

As you all know, I'm a little bit obsessed with chefs, cooking, and cookbooks.  While I'm not usually a huge fan of Hugh Acheson, I find that I'm now a huge fan of his latest cookbook, The Broad Fork: Recipes for the Wide World of Vegetables and Fruits.  Acheson writes in a very casual, personal style, and the recipes look great.  If you have a garden that overproduces anything, if you have a CSA share where you sometimes get vegetables that you don't really recognize, or if you like to shop at the Farmer's Market and wish you could buy a greater variety of things, then this is the book for you.  There are recipes for zucchini, sunchokes, beets, apples, and more.  He even covers a vegetable called "salsify" that I've never heard of before!  None of the recipes seem too difficult to master, and there are a ton of photos to entice.  I highly recommend this new cookbook!


No comments:

Post a Comment