Search This Blog

Monday, July 14, 2014

The Gilmore challenge and Alice


Here are the ones I watched as a little girl. :)



Sorry it has been so long since I blogged.  I had a great time in Niagara Falls and I finished Alice in Wonderland.  For some reason it was a very slow read for me, I don't think I was very focused.  I have been thinking about what I might write about it, but the funny thing is when I finished it I didn't exactly have an opinion on it. It is a great piece of literature but when I read the first half of it all I could think about was the Disney version and how close it stays in line with the original story.  Then as I was reading the second part Through the Looking Glass it put me in the mind of another version that I loved to watch as a kid.  I guess that is the weird thing about a piece of literature that has been made into so many different movies and spin-offs, it makes it difficult to just enjoy the story and not compare it to every other version.  Of course it could just be me, my husband often tells me I watch too much T.V. Well anyway, I look at it I am glad that now I can actually say I have read the original. :)  I'm still listening to Huckleberry Finn my kids keep fussing when I turn it on in the car, so it is taking longer than expected.  I would love to hear how some of you out there are doing on the list. :)  My next book is going to be Carrie by Stephen King (I watched the movie on Netflix, the original one,  I hadn't seen it in a long time.) Hmmm maybe I do watch too much T.V. ;) Till next time.

Here are the ones I watched as a little girl. :)



I put up a display at the Portland District Library with the complete list and some of the books! Come in and check it out!  Anything we don't have we will be happy to order it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment