Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Busy Days



It has been quite a while since I have posted and I am sure everyone has noticed the absence of  my eloquent and witty prose. Just kidding, usually when I post I just shoot for semi-coherent and then add lots of fun links and pictures.

Well, just in case your are curious, the reason I have not posted recently is that May and June  are insanely busy months for the children's area. Since the library is within walking distance of the elementary school, we are a popular destination for a fun and FREE field trip once the weather turns nice. This year we have over 20 tours scheduled for DK through 4th grade classes. After the official "tour" (which can be quite brief with some of the younger grades) we read a story and have an easy craft for the kids to make. The teachers then give the kids time to explore and play in the children's area.
 

 These pictures are of a kindergarten class discovering that our library is not just about sitting quietly with a book (but that is wonderful and important). It is also a place to play, pretend, and create your own stories.

Even though repeating my spiel can get a little tedious after the fourth or tenth time, I love that so many classes come to the library at the end of the year. It is a great opportunity to promote our summer reading program and get kids excited about coming to the library (because the library ROCKS and is more fun than Cedar Point!!!). Okay, maybe that last part is not true for everyone, even though it is for me because I get motion sickness in a rocking chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment