Search This Blog

Friday, May 24, 2013


Hi.  This is Wendy here from Portland Library.  I have never blogged before, but here goes.  I guess I will start off by saying a little bit about me.  Since I work in a library one of the most important things I should tell you is what I enjoy reading.  First, I must say the Harry Potter books are the best books ever written and if you haven't read them you should.  Some other series I have really enjoyed are Twilight by Stephanie Myers, The Vampire Academy and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead.  I also enjoy a good romance; Nora Roberts is one of my favorites since she has some great romances involving vampires, witches, and other fantasy beings and what is romance if not a fantasy. ;)  Actually, I pretty much mostly read romances of some kind.  Right now I'm reading Fifty Shades of Gray and, call me crazy, but I think it is actually really romantic if you look past the fact that Christian has a few issues.  I was pleasantly surprised that it actually has a interesting plot.  If you can't tell I typically like bestsellers, but hey they are bestsellers for a reason, right? Hunger Games was also a pretty good series but honestly I preferred the book one over the other two. Okay enough on what I like to read.  Here is a shocker I also like to write.  Right now I'm working on a young adult fantasy.  I attend a writing group held here at the library every Wednesday at 10 a.m. I really enjoy it.  We work on different types of writing, enter contests, and have a lot of fun. I also do programs in the children's department and a story time once a week.  Well I guess that's about it for now.  I'll try to blog again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment