Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2016

Some Good Old-Fashioned Magic

I've been a fan of fantasy for as long as I could read.  While there are a ton of modern teen fantasies that I love, good books written specifically for adults have been few and far between.  Which is why I was so excited to find A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab.  This story of three different Londons--one without magic, one with magic, and one that lost control of magic--and the few people who can travel between them, was excellent.  It wasn't the sort of book that would haunt your dreams and change your life, it was the sort of book that was exciting to read and made me happy.  You can imagine my excitement, then, when I opened a box of new books today and found the sequel, A Gathering of Shadows.  I'm looking forward to digging into it!



No comments:

Post a Comment