Search This Blog

Monday, September 8, 2014

Gilmore Challenge and Freaky Friday


Whoot! It has not been quite two weeks and I finished Freaky Friday.  Actually it didn't even take me two days when I finally picked it up.(Okay actually if you only count reading time it was a few hours)  So I think it qualifies as a quick read.  Well I would like to start off by saying this is a good book I had a few moments where I was like, who is the person talking but it only took a second to figure it out.  If you are wondering if the book is anything like the movies I would say the movies are very loosely based.(though it has been awhile since I have seen the first one)  The book is mostly focused on the daughters experiences being the mom, though at the end you do get to find out what the mom has been doing as the daughter for the day.  I would say that the end is really my favorite part because the daughter (Annabel Andrews) actually answers a few of the questions you might still have, come the end of the book.  To sum it up this is a fun light hearted book, maybe targeted a little towards teenage girls but I think it is a good read for everyone.  It gets you to take a minute and think what it would be like to be someone else before you decide how easy life is for them, since we all have our problems.

Here is where it is mentioned in Gilmore Girls: Season 1, Episode 6, Rory's Birthday Parties
Rory yells at Emily for inviting all the Chilton students to her birthday party and storms off to Lorelai’s old room.


Rory: Sorry I snapped at Grandma.
Lorelai: Yeah, huh. That was a pretty Freaky Friday moment we had back there.




I think I am in the mood for romance next so I think I am going to give Love Story by Erich Segal a try  :)
Just keep reading!
Just keep reading!
Just keep reading!


Here is the link for the challenge:




No comments:

Post a Comment