Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Gameapalooza!


The leaves are falling off of the trees, frost covers the ground each morning, and Halloween is only one day away. What does all of this mean?
Hooray!!! I am one of those strange people that actually prefers fall and winter to spring and summer so bring on the cold weather.  I finally get to exchange my shorts and flip flops for hoodies and Ughs (or cheap, knock-off Ughs in my case). I love taking my kids to Klackle's Apple Orchard every year, which I highly recommend. It is definitely a bigger bang for your buck compared to all of the other local orchards.  Fall also means we get to toast pumpkin seeds, collect brightly-colored leaves, and snuggle in front of a fireplace. Not to mention,  my two favorite holidays are in fall, and as much as I enjoyed Halloween and Thanksgiving as a kid, it cannot compare to sharing these special days with my own children.

Halloween is on a Thursday this year and Portland schools are closed the follow day. The positive about no school on Friday is that you can trick-or-treat, go to parties, and share all of the goodies without worrying about getting kids to bed early. The negative is that your kids will be home all day Friday and, more than likely, super hyper from overdosing on sugar.

If you do find yourself looking for a way to entertain the kiddos this Friday the library is hosting Gameapalooza. Kids of all ages can get with their friends and play everything from Sorry and Apples to Apples to Wii Dance and Mario Kart. They can even bring their own favorite game to share. So if your kids start to whine about being bored on Friday bring them down to the Portland District Library. The gaming will commence at 11:30am.



No comments:

Post a Comment