Search This Blog

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Book Reviews by Young Writers' Club




Today I have special post featuring book reviews written by my young writers' club. Before I get to their reviews I want to say how proud I am of the kids that participated in writing club this summer. Coming to the library every week during summer vacation and writing is not most kids' idea of fun. This was the third summer that I have had a kids' writing club and each year I am overwhelmed by the kids' creativity and enthusiasm.


Title of Book: Smells Like Treasure
Author of Book: Suzanne Selfors
Review Written by: Ruthie Fedewa
Smells Like Treasure is an action packed book by Suzanne Selfors for children grades 4th-6th. When 12 year old Homer Pudding is asked to join L.O.S.T.(Society of Legends, Objects,Secret, and Treasures), he and his basset hound named Dog must challenge his friend turned enemy for his Uncle Drake's chair in L.O.S.T. This is a very enjoyable book.
Note: This is a sequel of the book Smells Like Dog

 

Title of Book: Nanny Piggins and the Wicked Plan
Author of Book: R. A. Spratt
Review Written by: Emerson Dibean
This book is the sequel to The Adventures of Nanny Piggins. This book is outstanding. Join Nanny Piggins, Boris, and the Green children in this extremely funny adventure.

Title of Book: Katie Kazoo Switcheroo Going Batty
Author of Book: Nancy Krulik
Review Written by: Mikayla Tolan
Katie Kazoo Switcheroo Going Batty is terrific. It made me laugh. Becky and Suzanne Lealy made me laugh because they keep fighting.You should read this if you want to know what happens to Katie.


Title of Book: Magic Tree House #29 A Merlin Mission Christmas in Camelot
Author of Book: Mary Pope Osborne
Review Written by: Preston Dibean
Jack and Annie are on another mission and they are all day magicians. They don't know how tremendously wicked their next mission is. Will they survive? Read the book to find out.


Title of Book: Junie B. Jones First Grader, Boss of Lunch
Author of Book: Barbara Park
Review Written by: Gussie
This book is good for first graders. It's a very funny book. There are nine chapters. The class keeps their own diary. You should read this book if you are in first or second grade.


Title of Book: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Author of Book: J.K. Rowling
Review Written by: Tyler Thelen
There are three main characters in this book; Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger. There are seven books in the series (book one is titled Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone). There are a  lot of characters in all of the books. There is also SO much about magic. This series is so good my mom has read each one about ten times.

Title of Book: Rangers Apprentice, The Ruins of Gorlan
Author of Book: John Flanagon
Review Written by: Zoe Slisher
This book is amazing! Hi, I'm Zoe Slisher. I wrote the blog post about Gail Carson Levine. The Ruins of Gorlan is a tween or teen book. I'd say it would be more for people who don't like fantasy too much, because the book is more about knights and the medieval age. The Ruins of Gorlan is about a 15 year old boy named Will who becomes a ranger. Rangers are a group in Araluen (the main country) that are great trackers and spectacular with a bow. Rangers also have the skill to disappear into their surroundings. This book is OUTSTANDING  and I positively loved it! If you want to learn more about this series, go to rangersapprentice.com or just check out the book at your library!








 






 











 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is absolutely worth to read if anybody comes throughout it. I'm lucky I did because now I've got a whole new view of this. I didn't realize that this issue was so important and so universal. You certainly put it in perspective for me.


    Chix
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent and decent post. I found this much informative, as to what I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and keep it up.

    Books and Manual
    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete